If you wouldn't treat your spouse better, would you allow someone else to do so?

It was midnight, I layed on by bed turning from side to side like a weary lizard! I was sweating out a pool of perspiration and the tiny wingy creatures called mosquitoes wouldn't just want my ears to be at peace!

'greee! greee!! greee!!!'
That was my ringtone but at that moment, it sounded more like an annoying mosquito buzz.

"Ooom!" I murmured as I reached for my phone. Who is calling me by this time!?

I took a closer look at my phone and I could see;

No Name
📞calling...

"who on earth is calling me by this time of the day without a name!"

'greee! greee!! greee!!!'

The phone kept ringing and I decided to pick up so I could have peace.

"young man! Hold your ears attentively!"

That was the command coming out of the ear piece of my phone. I was shocked!

"leave my wife! I say leave my wife alone! I don't ever want to see anything that relates to you on my wife's phone!"

"excuse me sir but..."

"ssshh! I don't want to hear anything from you! You're her ex and remains her past!"
"is this jealousy?" I had asked my mind! 

He banged the phone on me and by this time, the pool of sweat gushing out from my skin pores had become a stream!

***My part of the  story***

Onyinye, the caller's said wife was my childhood sweetheart. 
She's lovable, always smiling and enthusiastic towards life. We loved each other and was taking bold steps towards destiny when a man, about 15years older than her emerged and met her parents to marry her.

She had vehemently refused but her parents had forced her into marrying the man with the explanation "we don't have money but he has the money to train you up in school"

That marriage was the biggest mistake of her life as I had earlier advised her but according to her, she had no option than to marry the said man as her mum had threatened to kill herself if she refuse the proposal.

Little did Onyinye know that the educational training and all the other goodies of life which the man promised while trying to make her his wife were all shadows! Instead what she gets is abuse, maltreatment and beatings!

My beloved Onyinye regrets her life, she is now in pain, she has lost her enthusiasm towards life and only find solace now in chatting me up on social networks and I do call her once in a while as just a friend just to encourage her to pick up her life that there's more to her than her present state but her said husband wouldn't want her to have anything to do with me no matter how platonic it is!

I've moved on with my life after the incidence of the man's union to Onyinye. Onyinye has 2 lovely kids for the man and I am in a relationship but not as much as it was with Onyinye and I.

I am ready to stay off communication with Onyinye but she wouldn't just want to have me off communication with her, according to her it's the only thing that gives her the courage to move on with life.

My question is, how do I handle this situation I found myself creatively with wisdom?

Comments