We broke up because we hardly had time for each other – Iyanya on split with Yvonne Nelson

Nigerian singer Iyanya has revealed main
reason he broke up with Ghanaian Actress
Yvonne Nelson, three years after the latter
had accused him of infidelity.
Iyanya and Yvonne Nelson dated for
sometime before their relationship hit
the rock.
But in a recent interview with The
Nation, the Kukere crooner has
disclosed that he had to end his
relationship with Nelson because he
they didn't have time for each other.

He said: “I am not in a relationship and
I will tell you why. It’s not that I don’t
want a woman in my life but the thing I
that being Iyanya alone is so much work.
“So much pressure and so much sleepless
night. Oh yea lets chill, oh no I gotta go
now, I’m flying over this Friday to spend
the weekend with you and I be like okay,
come over and when she touched down, I
have to go somewhere this night. So all
that stuffs is really making it hard for
me to have a relationship because not
everybody is able to accept the fact that
I’m going to be in love with somebody
who is not going to be around always.”
Iyanya says that he and Yvonne Nelson broke up
because they hardly had time for each other
When asked if not being around caused
the split between him and Ghanaian
actress Yvonne Nelso, he said “that was
the main reason actually, although the
media will always be the media. But we
broke up because we hardly had time for
each other. So, it’s like every time she
flies from Ghana to Nigeria during that
time I drop Kukere I was hustling and I
would do four shows in a day and I will
make 2million because I was hustling
boy and any call at any time I was going
for it. So, I won’t say because I was in
love with a woman I’m going to see
money and I’m going to lay back.
“When you have a girlfriend and she’s
watching your Snapchat seeing girls
back stage hugging you she will be like
hell no! I can’t do this. And then you
finally found a nice girl that’s ready to
cope with all that and her parents are
like Musician keh? So I just have to do
my music and make money.”
Iyanya and Nelson's relationship ended
on a very fiery note with an exchange
of diss messages
Shortly after Yvonne Nelson opened up
on Iyanya's alleged sexual
irresponsibility and infidelity, Iyanya's
immediate response to this when asked.
He said: “I don’t want to talk about it
please. She can say whatever she wants
to say. It’s her business not mine.”

Comments