Interview with Mr.Maolin, a Ghana based artiste.

I used to know him as Chika Nwodo back in secondary school, but recently the boy is everywhere like WOW. To him, knowing God is the secret of all success in any kind of endeavor. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you Maolin!
Tvital’s Blog: So, my guy, tell us how you decided to go into music.
Maolin: Alright, M-to-the-O-to-the-LIN, they call me Maolin. And talking about how my rap career started, it was back then in secondary school. When I listen to artistes like Phyno, Sarkodie, Manifest, that was when it really started. Then out of the blue moon came this rapper that I love so much – Big Sean! When I listen to him, I will be like, “what the f*ck?, he gives me one kind of inspiration, and when I see people rap, I feel like to rap along and I will tell myself “I can do this too”. When I dropped my first song, it was wow. The love was big. So I decided to move on. That was when I found out that this was really me because ever since I was in school, all I wanted was to be a lawyer. But right now, you can see the career I chose. Although when I started it wasn’t easy. There were ups and down, some people were like, “Abro, why don’t you just quit”, but I kept believing, I believed in God because he is the only one who really understands me. I wouldn’t have reached this level if not for God. So when I hear people say those shits about me, I went down on my knees and asked God to show me mercy. So when I see my fellow artistes who are trying to push up on their music, I will be like, “Chale, anything wey you de do wey God no dey, its nothing”. So it’s not about what you can do or what you can’t do, its Grace, grace of God!   
Tvital’s Blog: Wow! That’s interesting and inspiring!. So how did you come to meet Mr Shabalala Fortune, your Fortune Records boss?
Maolin: Alright, meeting CEO Sab, let’s say, it’s actually a miracle in my life that I don’t even know how it came to pass. It’s kind of a long story, though. We first met on a football field, then the other time, he visited my lodge with some of his friends, then he heard me rapping, I never knew he had intentions about music. First of all, he heard my song playing, and he was like ‘who is this guy?’. He later found out it was actually me. He heard me rapping, then I rapped and rapped to the extent that he had nothing to do than to remove his wrist watch and give to me , a watch that he bought newly. He told me ‘ Oboy, you will go places with these, I believe in what you are doing, I believe in your rap’, and from there, I was going from one ‘campus got talent’ to another, which he actually sponsored. And from there, we talked about record deal and that was it.
Tvital’s Blog: Okk, so after everything, when did you officially sign in to Fortune Records? Like which year?
Maolin: That was on November2016.
Tvital’s Blog: And your first official single with fortune records with Fortune Records was ‘Believe’, right? Tell us about it.
Maolin: Yeah, ‘Believe’, was my first single under Fortune Records, I recorded ‘Believe’ on November but it dropped officially on December 16th.
Tvital’s Blog: My brother that was dope. I know you have shot the video, I know when you were in Enugu, you went to your former school, but we don’t really know when it will be dropping.
Maolin: For now, just be on the look for the video, it will soon be dropping.
Tvital’s Blog: ok, so we wait. Do you have plans to drop an album this year, or is it just singles for now?
Maolin: I think every artiste has a dream of dropping an album, one or two, so I’m looking at dropping my album soon, there are many things on the pipe line, songs that are going to blow your mind I swear!
Tvital’s Blog: Alright bro, that is powerful. So what do you have to tell those up and coming artistes who doesn’t have support, especially in Enugu? They’ve got the talent and the zeal but there is no official or financial support.
Maolin:’ 04, 042, icho imaka, imakwana,  cos imaka, anyi eme gi ife imuaka’, (he rapped). See, it’s all about believing in what you are doing and praying. See Chale, having a sponsor or not having a sponsor matters and at the same doesn’t matter. Once God is your backbone, Chale, you are going places. Just keep believing and keep praying for the grace of God. Once the grace of God is upon you and you work hard, success is going to a testimony of reality in your life, Amen. (Then he rapped some lines from ‘Believe’).
Tvital’s Blog: WoW!!! Mr. Maolin!!! You rock! I forgot to ask you, what really inspired this believe of a song?
Maolin: ‘Believe was inspired by many things. The thing is, I do music based on what I see around me, based on what happened around me. If you listen to believe, you will hear what many things I said about myself, they were what happened to me. If you check my album list, you will see songs like Believe, Bless My Hustle, Prison, Let it Go, Forgiveness, Repentance, A Letter to God, Dear Rap, Ina-achi, Gbungbo, Look What We Did, Aji Obim…, many things, many things….
Tvital’s Blog: Mr Maolin, that was very interesting and powerful! Now, what do you have to tell those fans of yours, those people that have supported The Maolin Brand.
Maolin: To all my fans out there, I want say A BIG THANK YOU to all of you for believing in me. Threr is actually a song that I recorded for my fans but I have not dropped it yet. You guys are great, you are like family to me, God bless you. Without you, there will be no Maolin.
For all the niggas that believed in me, respect,
For all the niggas that believed in we, respect,
For all the niggas that believed in Maolin, respect,
And he continued….
Tvital’s Blog: WOWWWW!!!!!! Thank you so much brother! Thank you for this opportunity. I feel like I’m there in Ghana with you already! Keep it up.

Maolin: Thanks, I appreciate.

Comments