God's Doing

Dog saves family from cobra attack in Bayelsa
 
Yenagoa - A dog on Sunday saved a family in
Otuasega Community, Ogbia Local Government
Area of Bayelsa from cobra attack.
Mrs Catherine Isiki, who spoke in an interview on
Tuesday in Yenagoa, described the attack as a
“mystery to the family.”
Isiki said that the cobra `invaded’ their home at
about 1 a.m. on Sunday.
“ I woke up as a result of alarm raised by my
grand-daughter who was the first person to see
the snake.
“I am alive today because of a dog that saved
me and my family; neighbours could not kill the
cobra due its size.
“Some of our neighbours could not even come
near our compound due to fear; the Mastiff (dog)
was awakened by the noise.
“It was the dog that went straight to the room
where the snake was and began to fight the
cobra until it killed it.
"I do not know how the snake managed to gain
entry to our house because everywhere is tiled.
“In fact, it would have been a tragic story if we
did not have the dog as a pet in the house; yes,
the dog finally killed the snake, but it was God’s
intervention,” she said.
Isiki appreciated God for sparing her family and
encouraged people to keep dogs as pets.
“Dogs can save you from any untold danger, just
as my entire family was saved because I have a
pet dog in my house,” Isiki said.

Comments