Kemi Olunloyo jailed in Port Harcourt prison, refused bail

Kemi Olunloyo's location has finally been
known after over 48 hours. She is being
jailed in a Port Harcourt prison on the
order of the Inspector General of Police
over her story of actress Iyabo Ojo and
Pastor David Ibiyeomie in adultery mess.

ontroversial journalist Kemi Olunloyo
was picked up by men of the Nigeria
Police on Tuesday, March 14 to an
unknown location.
For days many were concerned about
her where about until she got the
opportunity to have access to her phone
on Thursday, March 16 through which
she connected to her instagram page
and disclosed that she was taken driven
to Port Harcourt on the order of the
Inspector General (IG).
She claimed the IG ordered from her
arrest after Port Harcourt based pastor
of Salvation Ministries Pastor David
Ibiyeomie. Kemi had earlier put up a
post alleging the pastor was involved in
corruption and adultery mess with
actress Iyabo Ojo.

Kemi Olunloyo alleges her arrest was over Iyabo
Ojo, Pastor Ibiyeomie adultery mess
In her first post she wrote:
“Dear Media, friends, fans. I was driven
by the NPF to Port Harcourt on orders of
the IG. Pastor David Ibiyeomie says I
criminally defamed him because I posted
a letter his church member sent to me
alleging corruption and adultery. Both
newsmakers refused to answer the
allegations but Ibiyeomie called me
several times to threaten me with
lawsuits, death from above and
misfortune. Church spokesman did the
same with Danielle Ogbeche of Daily Post
too. I have been charged with a
cybercrime along with a Rivers state
journalist who simply syndicated my
story. 500 blogs did. Cybercrime? in the
Nigerian constitution and remanded in
prison. Next week 23rd I appear in court
again for a second bail attempt. I will be
in this Port Harcourt prison till then.
THE PEN IS MIGHTIER THAN THE
SWORD. #Journalism is not a crime. I
love you all. Pls trend #FreeKOO
#FreeMadamHNN. @ludovicca_iacinno
pls tell the world. Tweet it to the
Toronto Sun's @Joe_warmington. Pls
every one let Joe know. I'm in high
spirits. The NPF recommended NO bail.
Police is never your friend in Nigeria. I
will always be a proud international
investigative journalist. I will not see my
phone again for a week. Off to a Nigerian
prison. Mass Comm students never give
up. I don't need my powerful
connections. I want the law to run its
course. GOD BLESS #FREETHESHEEPLE
#KEMIOLUNLOYO”

Comments