Jill Harth: I stick by my allegations of sexual assault against Donald Trump

Jill Harth: I stick by my
allegations of sexual
assault against Donald
Trump
‘He pushed me up against the wall,
and had his hands all over me and
tried to get up my dress again, and I
had to physically say: ‘What are you
doing? Stop it.’’

The woman who accused Donald Trump of
sexual assault has broken her two-decade
silence to reveal she is sticking by her
allegations.
In her first video interview since she made
the claim in the 1990s, obtained by The
Guardian, Jill Harth has given more detail
about how the Republican nominee for
president allegedly cornered her and groped
her in his daughter’s bedroom.
Mr Trump said in May that the accusations
were “meritless” and his daughter Ivanka
Trump said her father “was not a groper”.
Despite negative publicity, Ms Harth is
defending her story and the lawsuit which
she filed in 1997. She dropped the case
weeks later that year after Mr Trump settled
another outstanding lawsuit with her
business and romantic partner
George Houraney, who had accused the
candidate of backing out of their American
Dream festival contract.
Mr Houraney, who met Ms Harth in high
school, said he believes the sexual
harrasment allegations.
The now make-up artist and Mr Houraney
visited Mr Trump to discuss investment in
their beauty pageant business in December
1992.
Watch the full interview with Jill
Harth, who has broken her silence
over Trump's alleged sexual assault
7:52 PM - 20 Jul 2016
39 13
Guardian US
@GuardianUS
Ms Harth’s complaint alleges that Mr Trump
took an “immediate” sexual interest in her.
He made unwanted sexual advances that
ranged from leering at the first meeting to
groping her under the table the next night at
dinner.
 Donald Trump's most
controversial quotes
In January 1993, Ms Harth, Mr Houraney and
beauty pageant contestants visited Mr
Trump’s Florida Mar-a-Lago mansion to
celebrate the business deal and have a
party. Ms Harth said she was pulled aside
into one of the children’s bedrooms.
“He pushed me up against the wall, and had
his hands all over me and tried to get up my
dress again,” Ms Harth said, “and I had to
physically say: ‘What are you doing? Stop it.’
It was a shocking thing to have him do this
because he knew I was with George, he
knew they were in the next room. And how
could he be doing this when I’m there for
business?”
Mr Trump had divorced his first wife, Ivana,
and was in a relationship with his future
second wife, Marla Maples.

“Trump did everything in his power to get
me to leave him,” she told The Guardian.
“He constantly called me and said: ‘I love
you, baby, I’m going to be the best lover you
ever had. What are you doing with that loser,
you need to be with me, you need to step it
up to the big leagues.’
“He was constantly working on me during
that time and that took a toll on me. But I
moved on. I’m a forgiving type person, OK?
I’m a Christian, I moved on.”
Ms Harth admitted she even was excited
that someone she knew so well could be
president, and she attended a Trump rally,
where she told him she would not “say
anything bad”.
Mr Trump reportedly thanked her and
promised to do the same, yet he accused
her of being a liar in May following a New
York Times article which highlighted his
negative relationships with and comments
about women.
Trump’s campaign denied all allegations put
to them by The Guardian .

Comments