Why I dragged 2face to court – Blackface

A founding member of the Nigerian band,
Plantashun boiz, Blackface born Ahmedu
Augustine, has declared that he dragged 2face
to court for allegedly stealing his song “let
somebody love you.”
The band was formed in 2000 with 2face,
Innocent Idibia, and Faze, Chibuzor Oji.
Blackface, who had earlier accused 2face of
intellectual theft was asked if he considered
taking legal actions against him and he told
Premium Times, “Yes, I have; and my legal team
is working on that, as that’s the best way to go.
“When I accused them, they lied and said its
‘unfortunate’. I said they took my song and then
even said maybe my account was hacked.
“Well, if you thought so why didn’t you pick up
your phone and say “Yo black… What’s going
on?’
“But, no they won’t because they wanted to
steal it and it backfired, and they trying to act
‘holy’ so they make flimsy excuses.
“2face and his manager planned all of that.
2face sang my song (Let Somebody Love You)
and featured an American artiste, Bridget Kelly.
“His manager published it without my
permission. Till today they haven’t deemed it fit
to tell the world that they tried to assassinate
my character in the media but that couldn’t be
justice and they know.

“So, the court is our only option as they keep
avoiding meetings thinking that with time it will
all fade off. But, they know not what tomorrow
holds and neither do I.”

Comments